The School is an optimum size: small enough for each pupil to be nurtured but large enough to offer a very wide range of subjects and experience, whether academic, sporting, artistic or musical.
We believe that education involves stepping beyond the classroom and pupils are encouraged to participate in the extensive extra-curricular programme through clubs and activities, through the House system, through support for charity work and participating in the many school trips on offer or by contributing to the School's Music, Drama and Sport.
Pastoral care is a priority and we are proud of our history of working with parents to ensure that girls are thriving socially and consequently academically. It was no surprise to us that ISI Inspectors reported girls at Redland High to be "relaxed, highly motivated, unafraid to make mistakes and ready to take part."
At Redland High we aim to:
- preserve the ethos of a caring and socially mixed school in which mutual respect and participation is encouraged alongside academic success;
- provide an educational experience for girls in which intellectual development, academic success and pastoral care are complemented by high quality performance in the arts, sport and extra-curricular activities;
- develop each individual's potential within a mutually supportive community;
- deliver through the Infant, Junior and Senior Schools a complementary educational experience from 3 to 18;
- prepare girls for the competitive world beyond school by a commitment to an education that is challenging and fun.